Ok! I admit it! I have a bias toward this heater, but it’s a good bias since I’ve been using another one of this company’s heaters in my home for two Winters and I’m totally sold on its performance. However, I’d rather have one of the new “Mantis” styles because of its superior décor style, ease of use with the programmable remote control, automatic fan…….well lets get into it further and see if it might be just what you’re looking for.
What I’m referring to is a Mantis gas stove (LP or NG) by Empire. There are a lot of reasons why I like this so I’m going to start by listing, then briefly discuss the major points:
- Reasonable Pricing
- Most Efficient of All Heating Systems At 90% +
- Highly Decorative Models Available
- Easy To Install
- Inexpensive To Install
- Zero Clearance Rating For Exterior
- Humidifies As It Heats
- Thermostat Control
- Lowest Of All Emissions Test
- 28,000 BTU Capacity
- 3 Speed Automatic Fan (Temp. Activated)
- No Pilot Light (Hot Surface Ignition)
- Reasonably Long Warranty
- Versatile Styles For System Needs
- Green Earth Preferred Award
- Safety Ignition System
- Quick Heat Production
- LCD Display
- Vents With 1 ½” PVC In Any Direction
- Programmable Remote Control With Timer
- 35% More Efficient Than The Next Best Design
- Heats Up To 1600 Sq. Ft.
- In Business Since 1932
- Made In USA
Ok, I know what you’re thinking, “There must be some disadvantages, so come clean.” Well there may be several, but I feel they’re well outdistanced by the above listing. So here are the only things I found: 1. No Electricity = No Heat. It has to have electricity to work. 2. The warranty only applies if it’s installed by a dealer or his agent…..if that is a problem? 3. This is not a whole house unit (if that’s what you’re looking for). 4. Not a lot of reviews by users. 5. Relatively high investment.
A point to consider if you’re going to install it yourself: Download the installation guide before you purchase so you know what you’re facing before you even order. As simple as it is, there are bound to be some things you will run into you hadn’t considered. It always happens, so pre-planning is good!
Pricing examples (approximate):
1. Empire 25″ Mantis Power Vent Fireplace Package For Zero-Clearance Picture Frame (In-Wall), $3,700.00
2. Fireplace Insert Packages, $3700.00
3. Pedestal Fireplaces, $4100 – $4300
4. Window Fireplace & Mantel Packages, $4100 – $4300
If interested you should find a local dealer and you can start at the supplier’s web site, Empire Comfort Systems (not affiliated with Home Decoration Pro or Goldmark Enterprises LLC).
If you get a unit installed give us a holler back so we can all learn from your experience, and if you need to spruce up your front door decor, patio, or inside your home or office come and take a look at all the ways we can help at Silky Flower Store.
My Best, Billy Goldmark